Recognised CertificateAll courses include a certificate
24/7 AccessLearn anywhere, anytime
Tutor SupportTo help you complete the course
Access all yearAccess for a year after purchase
Modern medicines are powerful substances which have beneficial effects for millions of people worldwide. However, inappropriate use or handling of these substances can have severe, or even fatal, consequences. Up-to-date knowledge of the safe handling of medicines is essential for anyone working with medication. This course is a great introduction to the different types of medicines and how to record, store and handle them appropriately.
- Gain good up-to-date knowledge of the safe handling of medicines
- Learn how to maintain stock and record, store and dispose of medication
- Understand the different types of medication and how they are classified
- Learn the correct procedure for record keeping and the audit process
- Gain relevant skills, knowledge and understanding to improve service user experience
This Level 2 Course in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care could lead you to careers specialising in this industry. This is especially useful for careers like;
- Social Work Assistant (£12,500 to £25,000)
- Care Worker (£13,500 to £25,000)
- Medical Secretary (£17,500 to £24,000)
There are no exams, all courses require you to complete assessment questions based on the knowledge you have gained from the units, at your own pace.
NCFE is a national, educational awarding organisation that designs, develops, and certifies diverse, recognised qualifications and awards, including for distance learning courses. It is a registered educational charity that has been dedicated to learning for over 150 years.
- Showcase to employers that you have gained a recognised and regulated qualification in your specific sector
- Last year alone, over a quarter of a million learners chose to learn via NCFE CACHE
- Build the foundations to improve your job prospects