Recognised CertificateAll courses include a certificate
24/7 AccessLearn anywhere, anytime
Tutor SupportTo help you complete the course
Access all yearAccess for a year after purchase
Around 1.5 million people in the UK have a learning disability. If you work with people with learning disabilities, or are interesting in starting in the sector, it's essential you have a good understanding of the signs and symptoms of different health conditions, as well as knowledge of legislation and the healthcare system. This level 2 course will ensure your knowledge is up to date and is primarily for those within healthcare and social care but may also be useful to those working in education or housing support roles.
- Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Introduction to personalisation in social care Knowledge
- Principles of positive risk-taking for individuals with disabilities
- Introductory awareness of autistic spectrum conditions
- Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access healthcare
This Level 2 course in the Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities could help with securing careers in the Health and Social Care sector. Such jobs include;
- Learning Disability Nurse (£25,654 to £31,533)
- Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant (£12,577 to £23,000)
- Online Tutor (variable pay)
There are no exams, all courses require you to complete assessment questions based on the knowledge you have gained from the units, at your own pace.
NCFE is a national, educational awarding organisation that designs, develops, and certifies diverse, recognised qualifications and awards, including for distance learning courses. It is a registered educational charity that has been dedicated to learning for over 150 years.
- Showcase to employers that you have gained a recognised and regulated qualification in your specific sector
- Last year alone, over a quarter of a million learners chose to learn via NCFE CACHE
- Build the foundations to improve your job prospects