Recognised CertificateAll courses include a certificate
24/7 AccessLearn anywhere, anytime
Tutor SupportTo help you complete the course
Access all yearAccess for a year after purchase
One in two people will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. For many people, diagnosis can be a daunting and overwhelming time. It's important that people can access the right levels of care and services when they need it most. As cancer treatments are improved and more people survive cancer, it's vital to understand the impact of living with cancer long-term and the best way to provide support. This short course is great for anyone working in health and social care, and it will also be useful if you care for someone living with cancer.
- Cancer awareness
- Introduction to the diagnosis and treatment of cancer
- Introduction to cancer care and support
- Introduction to end of life and bereavement care
By completing this Level 2 course in Understanding Cancer Support, you can become more aware of how you can support those diagnosed with cancer or those who know someone with cancer. This course can prove useful for those who are looking for a career like;
- Occupational Therapy Support Worker (£20,329 to £24,881)
- Social Work Assistant (£12,500 to £25,000)
- Healthcare Assistant (£18,545 to £24,881)
There are no exams, all courses require you to complete assessment questions based on the knowledge you have gained from the units, at your own pace.
NCFE is a national, educational awarding organisation that designs, develops, and certifies diverse, recognised qualifications and awards, including for distance learning courses. It is a registered educational charity that has been dedicated to learning for over 150 years.
- Showcase to employers that you have gained a recognised and regulated qualification in your specific sector
- Last year alone, over a quarter of a million learners chose to learn via NCFE CACHE
- Build the foundations to improve your job prospects