Recognised CertificateAll courses include a certificate
24/7 AccessLearn anywhere, anytime
Tutor SupportTo help you complete the course
Access all yearAccess for a year after purchase
Whether you work in the healthcare or fitness industry and want to enhance your knowledge, or whether you just want to make some lifestyle changes yourself, our level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health is perfect for you. This fully online course will teach you about the role food and exercise play in maintaining health, and what the information on food labelling really means and how to use it correctly. It also covers the different diets that children and older people need to make sure they are fit and strong, as well as what can cause eating disorders and how to manage them. You'll gain insight into creating a diet and exercise plan that's tailored to each individual's needs, and understand how to manage food hygiene to achieve maximum results.
- Explore principles of healthy eating
- Consider nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
- Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
- The principles of weight management
- Understanding eating disorders
This course in Understanding Nutrition and Health could help gain an insight into careers in Health and Social Care or Fitness and Well Being. This would be helpful for job roles such as;
- Health Promotion Specialist (£21,000 to £40,000)
- Health Visitor (£32,305 to £45,838)
- Nutritionist (£24,907 to £37,890)
There are no exams, all courses require you to complete assessment questions based on the knowledge you have gained from the units, at your own pace.
NCFE is a national, educational awarding organisation that designs, develops, and certifies diverse, recognised qualifications and awards, including for distance learning courses. It is a registered educational charity that has been dedicated to learning for over 150 years.
- Showcase to employers that you have gained a recognised and regulated qualification in your specific sector
- Last year alone, over a quarter of a million learners chose to learn via NCFE CACHE
- Build the foundations to improve your job prospects